Draft Contract and Cancellation Policy
Draft Contract and Cancellation Policy. Your payment covers the use of Lyde Court for the day. This includes the use of Lyde Court for a Civil Ceremony, the hire of the Barn, gardens and grounds. Use of tables and chairs and candles. You are most welcome to add decorations to personalise the venue. Our heating, lighting and sound systems would also be available to you at no extra cost. A changing room will be available in the house. Please note that this does not include the Registrar’s fees which need to be paid directly to the Registrar at Hereford Town Hall.
Catering is not included. All catering must be provided by Lyde Court’s team of professional caterers for all food including Canapés, Wedding Breakfasts, Hog Roasts, evening food, cheese boards etc. Outside caterers are not permitted.
We will run a fully staffed paying bar. The bar, bar-staff and all drinks must be provided by Lyde Court. We will supply a comprehensive selection of wines, ales and ciders for sale for the event.
Entertainment is not included.
Accommodation is not included. At extra cost: A bridal suite and an additional double room is available within Lyde Court; Dormitory style accommodation for up to 100 guests is also available on site in the Oast House.
Camping on site is £22 per person including breakfast. Tents can be pitched from 11am on the day of the event and must be removed by 11am the day following the event. There may be some flexibility on this depending on other bookings.
Weddings & Functions Cancellation Charges
1. Payment of a £1,000 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking. OR Payment in full is required at the time of booking for the early payment discount to apply.
2. The balance of payment is to be made by regular instalments as set out on your invoice with the whole to be paid by 90 days prior to the event, a surcharge of 10% is charged for payments received after this time. OR Payment for all other services e.g. additional Catering, Music and Drinks are due 90 days prior to the event, a surcharge of 10% is charged for payments received after this time.
3. Six months before your wedding you will be invited in for a wedding meeting with your coordinator so that you can go through all of the details and timings of your day.
4. Functions cancelled more than 9 months in advance will incur a 25% cancellation fee of your total invoice.
5. Functions cancelled more than 3 months and up to 9 months prior to the wedding will incur a 50% cancellation charge of your total invoice.
6. Cancellations made up to three months prior to the wedding will incur a 100% cancellation charge (payment for the invoice in full).
7. We always recommend taking out wedding insurance in the unfortunate event you have to cancel your booking. Lyde Court is a very rustic location. Some guests may damage their clothing by snagging or candle wax. We will refer any claims for damage to guest’s property to the Bride & Groom. Your insurance will cover this too.
8. Charges are calculated as a percentage of the total booking value including extras at the time of cancellation
9. Final numbers are required 30 days prior to the event (this will be the minimum number charged).
10. Due to hygiene policy and public insurance liability restrictions we are unable to leave food items following an event or to serve any food items not prepared or supplied by ourselves, excluding wedding cakes, however we do reserve the right not to serve any such cakes which we feel would be a risk to health.
11. Damage to linen such as cigarette burns & candle wax will result in the full replacement costs at the current rate.